Re: gnunet-config and build informations (bug #5708)

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: gnunet-config and build informations (bug #5708)
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 08:18:42 +0200

hi Alessio,

Two points:
- good autoconf macro would indeed be appreciated
- gnunet-config patch looks good, except for some funky requirement:

GNU Taler has taler-config, which recycles gnunet-config in a funky way
using LD_PRELOAD:

https://git.taler.net/exchange.git/tree/src/util/taler-config.in

This works, because there is:
https://git.taler.net/exchange.git/tree/src/util/os_installation.c

which overrides gnunet-config settings to turn it into taler-config!

So _ideally_, we would use the GNUNET_OS_ProjectData instead of directly
using hard-coded values for the output of the new flags. That way, we
could modify GNU Taler so that taler-config will not return the GNUnet
flags, but the Taler flags (again using preload, without copying the
source!)

My 2 cents

Christian