Re: Tutorial - Git repo

From: Schanzenbach, Martin
Subject: Re: Tutorial - Git repo
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 13:11:49 +0000

> On 17. Feb 2022, at 13:02, Gavin Henry <ghenry@sentrypeer.org> wrote:
>
> No problem Martin.
>
> Just looking through all the Peer Discovery code and NAT busting
> things for adding the P2P bits to SentryPeer vs what Zyre can do with
> OpenDHT. I need to figure out how a peer node can be reached and pop
> that into the DHT, but looks like GNUNet does all that and way more.
> So I don't need to put in STUN/pmp/discovery etc.
>
> Thanks.

This is actually something we are currently working on as well.
We are in the process of improving and specifying the DHT
(https://lsd.gnunet.org/lsd0004/)
which includes HELLO handling (I guess this is what you mean by how a peer node
can be reached).
Further, t3sserakt is currently working on our redesign of the transport
subsystem which will
hopefully improve connectivity (including NAT traversal):
https://docs.gnunet.org/handbook/gnunet.html#TRANSPORT_002dNG-Subsystem

Any feedback is always welcome here.

BR
Martin