Transport reliability

From: Bob Ham
Subject: Transport reliability
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 09:42:35 +0000

Hi there,

On the #gnunet IRC channel, there's been some discussion about the
usefulness of gnunet.  It's been noted that

(1) gnunet is essentially unusable because transport is unreliable,
(2) it's not known what causes this unreliability, and
(3) transport-ng is an effort to rewrite transport, even though it's not
known whether this rewrite will fix the usability of gnunet because it's
not known what is causing the problem in the first place.

There is a dearth of developers on the IRC channel so I thought I would
ask here to get some more authoritative information.

Can anyone with insight into the matter shed some light on it?  Is what
I've described above accurate?

Regards,

Bob Ham