Re: mysql check always fails

From: Daniel Golle
Subject: Re: mysql check always fails
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 08:44:01 +0100

Hi Nikita,

On Fri, Apr 08, 2022 at 09:12:29AM +0200, Nikita Ronja Gillmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have no time to work on a patch for this, but even with the right version
> of mysql(-client) (version => 8.0.24),
> configure.ac generates a configure file which leads to broken C code for what
> applies for my builds (--with-mysql=PRFX).
> I have attached the files.

Just to confirm your findings:
I've also encountered this problem when building recent GNUnet releases
for OpenWrt and have decided to simply drop the version check (as in
this case I just know the version is recent enough):

https://github.com/openwrt/packages/blob/master/net/gnunet/patches/100-remove-mysql-version-check.patch

Cheers

Daniel