Packaging problems

From: Willow Liquorice
Subject: Packaging problems
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 14:44:38 +0100

While I was working on the documentation, I decided to put a Repology badge at the top level of the install page, and then I saw the extent of GNUnet's packaging woes. There are more distros with severely outdated versions than ones that are up to date, even the rolling release ones that have comparatively lax stability requirements.

What's the deal with that? This sort of thing only hurts the project.

Best wishes,
        Willow