Re: A more general question about curl

From: Schanzenbach, Martin
Subject: Re: A more general question about curl
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 14:47:02 +0000

Imagine that a "GET /download" downloads 1GB of data.
If your code looks like this (not the actual API but for demonstration
purposes):

data = wget_get("/download")
// Wait until download completes

Then you have a blocking API.

Instead you can have a non-blocking API that allows you to "select" or "epoll"
file descriptors of the download.
See https://curl.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-multi.html