Re: gnunet-rest-server shutdown issues

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: gnunet-rest-server shutdown issues
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 22:50:02 +0200

On 9/16/22 12:52, Nikita Ronja Gillmann wrote:
Hi,

so the issue still exists, but I didn't have the time to send more information,
busy last months.
I'll try to get back to you soon.

As an aside: I haven't followed gnunet development that much recently,
but as I have started to add invocations for a couple of BSDs to
gnunet-dns-helper (a long time ago and ran out of time as well), I was
wondering if those firewall parts would eventually become obsolete in
the rewrites you are doing right now, long-term?

I don't think so. Naturally, the DNS-helper might not be the most common way to use GNS in the future, but I don't see that we'd fundamentally get rid of it. And as of today, I also don't know a better way to do this. The major ongoing changes to GNUnet are all lower in the stack.