[Gnustep-dev] Re: [Discuss-gnustep] State of the text system

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: [Gnustep-dev] Re: [Discuss-gnustep] State of the text system
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 12:35:23 -0700 (PDT)

--- Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Philippe,
>
> according to the GNUstep home page I am the one who is currently
> responsible for the text system. A job I did not ask for, but somehow,
> if you start to work in one area, it becomes your responsibility. Some
> months ago Jonathan and Gregory said, that they would like to work on
> it, but as far as I know nothing happened.

<snip>

In my own defense, I have started working on NSSecureTextField.  I too
have been looking into moving GSSimpleLayoutManager functionality into
NSLayoutManager since this would make it easier to implement the
NSSecureTextField class correctly.  This is the last project
(NSSecureTextField) I am going to take on for a little bit as I have
a large number of things in queue.

If you are already working on moving GSSimpleLayoutManager into
NSLayoutManager, please keep us aprised of the status.

Unfortunately, however, my day job has been demanding a great deal of my
time over the past couple of months, but things are starting to wind
down finally and I should have time in the near future.

Later, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento           Sr. Software Engineer