Reorganization of the example module

From: nicola
Subject: Reorganization of the example module
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 14:30:40 +0100 (BST)

Hi everyone, here is a proposal for a reorganization of the newly born
examples/gui directory.

I don't want to delete any existing code - the reorganization would only
attempt at making it easy for people looking into it to find out what they
want.

The idea would be to have in the top level directories the following
directories:

Examples of complete applications - what most people will want to see:

examples/gui/CurrencyConverter
examples/gui/Calculator
examples/gui/Finger
examples/gui/Ink

The testing application having loadable bundles testing/showing the
various components of the library:

examples/gui/GSTest

Up-to-date, polished tests testing single classes:

examples/gui/Classes
examples/gui/Classes/NSPanelTest      (now is examples/gui/NSPanelTest/)
examples/gui/Classes/NSBrowserTest    (now is examples/gui/nsbrowser.m)
examples/gui/Classes/NSScreen         (now is examples/gui/screen/)

Other tests - mostly old ones or difficult to put elsewhere:

examples/gui/OtherExamples (everything which was not previously listed
                            will go inside this directory, Edit.app
                            included).

If anybody wants to rewrite some of our old tests, once a test is cleaned
and rewritten, we could move it from OtherExamples/ to Classes/ (where we
create a new directory for the test) - even if in my opinion it would
often be a better idea to write a bundle for GSTest for that class (this
also means GSTest's MemoryPanel would be automatically available to check
memory problems).

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.