Re: apache.make

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: apache.make
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:33:42 +0000

On Monday, November 27, 2000, at 12:09 PM, Nicola Pero wrote:

> In attach you find both the apache.make, the documentation, and an example
> of a GNUstep-based Apache module.  <bug reports or comments are welcome,
> particularly because it is the first time I work with Apache's modules.>
>
> The work is donated to GNUstep and the FSF as usual - my question is -
> where should this be put on GNUstep CVS ?

I haven't had time to look at the code - but assuming that it wouldn't cause
problems or add
dependencies to the make package, I'd have thought that is was reasonable to
put it in the
gstep-make package.

If gstep-make could be well documented, and included optional support for a
flat file structure
(ie without the cpu/os/libs  stuff), I think it could be 'sold' to people in
it's own right,
and maybe used as an incentive for them to try out GNUstep.  Certainly, easy to
use project
types for common projects such as apache modules seem like a good idea to me.