Re: apache.make

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: apache.make
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:25:19 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Helge,

> I think about something which is like the mod_env module, only
> specialized for the GNUstep environment and affecting the current Apache
> process.
>
> The sequence in httpd.conf could look like:
> ---snip---
> LoadModule gsenv_module     // load GNUstep config
> GNUstep_configure /GNUstep  // set GS environment in Apache process
>
> LoadModule mytest_module    // load an Objective-C module
> <LocationMatch "^/MyTest*">
> SetHandler mytest-handler   // address ObjC handler
> </LocationMatch>
> ---snap---

OK - fine - makes sense this way.

It involves writing a new C module mod_gnustep_config [or what the name] -
do you think it would make sense to have this module simply execute

/GNUSTEP_ROOT_PATH_READ_FROM_CONF_FILE/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh and
/GNUSTEP_ROOT_PATH_READ_FROM_CONF_FILE/System/Makefiles/ld_lib_path.sh

after reading the configure directive ?  Because to me it seems really
better not to duplicate the shell code which sets up GNUstep.

If this way is OK, I'll try tonight at home - it looks like could be
written quickly.