Re: Questions on NSApplication

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Questions on NSApplication
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 21:17:31 +0100

> Sounds close, although it looks like -stop: should just set something
> like 'app_should_stop' and not do all the stuff -terminate: does like
> send a delegate message, etc. -run should be changed to be reenterable,
> as you said. It also looks like -run should actually dealloc the shared
> application and exit() when app_should_quit=YES, -terminate: could stay
> the same. Is that more-or-less what you are thinking?

You are right about stop: not posting any notification. I was a bit
unclear here, what I wanted to say is that stop shoukd turn some switch
and than post an event so that the run loop will take over.
And I would like to make this the only switch to get out of the run
loop. The terminate: method should do the finishing all by itself,
without sending an event that might not be handled by the run loop
thread until much later.
Perhaps it is best if I just make those changes and anybody can comment
on them later on. I wont change the way nib files are loaded, as we
don't have much programs using this, so the run loop will still not be
reenterable, but closer to it.