Re: Bug in NSGetSizeAndAlignment?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Bug in NSGetSizeAndAlignment?
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 19:59:10 -0700

Michael Scheibler wrote:

> When I use NSGetSizeAndAlignment of NSObjCRuntime.m as in the following
> example the parameter size equals 24 instead of 16 (as of
> sizeof(NSRect)).
>
> unsigned size;
> unsigned align;
>  &size, &align)

I get this also on PPC, but not on Solaris.

The objc(_sizeof_type/_alignof_type) functions that do this seems to
work well, particularly since they seem to be maintained fairly well for
different CPUs (judging from the ChangeLog). Perhaps we should use those
functions as a basis for NSGetSizeAndAlignment?