Re: Commited corrections to AppKit.h and GMAppKit.h/.m for NSSecureTextF

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Commited corrections to AppKit.h and GMAppKit.h/.m for NSSecureTextField
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 12:42:00 +0100 (CET)

> All,
>
> I added some forward declarations to the AppKit.h file for NSSecureTextField
> and NSSecureTextFieldCell.  This is consistent with the AppKit.h file under
> OPENSTEP/Mach which also includes NSSecureTextField.h
>
> In GMAppKit.m I added the code to pull the echosBullets attribute from the
> .nib
> file and corrected a nib translation problem when using nib2gmodel on OPENSTEP
> 4.2.  The problem was in the category for NSClipView in GMAppKit.m.  There was
> no test to determin if the object responds to setDrawsBackgroud which is
> present
> MACOSX machines, but not on OPENSTEP4.2 boxes.
>
> I tested the changes.  Please let me know if there are any issues with this
> modification.

The change itself looks ok, but I have some `technical' comments about
commits -

Could you *please* add a ChangeLog entry to the core/gui/ChangeLog file ?

*Please* - would *everyone* *always* write a ChangeLog entry when you make
*any* change except changes in comments and indentation - this is very
important to control what's happening and track bugs and problems.

The other important thing is making sure you are working on the last
version of the files (by running `cvs update' quite often) before
modifying them, and checking very carefully the changes you are committing
before committing them (by using `cvs diff') <I say this because you
removed - I suppose by mistake - my last [tiny] change to AppKit.h (which
is needed to avoid warnings when compiling with gcc-3.x)  and I had to
commit it again>.