Library dependencies

From: Jonathan Gapen
Subject: Library dependencies
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:47:19 -0600

    With a little bit of manual intervention, I found I can create
GNUstep executables without the numerous of library dependencies.  It's
not hard:  When linking the GNUstep library, pass the normal linker
arguments for all of the libraries which it depends upon.  Then, when
linking the executable, DO NOT give any of those linker arguments.  For
a command-line tool, "-lgnustep-base -lobjc" (and perhaps the thread
library argument) is enough.  This generates an executable that only
explicitly depends on libgnustep-base.so, libobjc.so, and libc.so,
insulating it from any differences in the library set used by the
GNUstep libraries.