Re: Simple printing

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Simple printing
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 20:49:55 -0600

Fred Kiefer wrote:
> operation and a lot of additions to the XGStreamContext. My impression
> is that we will have to make this context a full context similar the
> XGContext, with its one gstate class, that would not produce any output,
> but could hold state. So I am thinking about writting a base class for
> XGGState that would just keep the current state and also one common
> superclass for XGStreamContext and XGContext. These two could than also
> serve as the starting poing for any none Postscript backend.

I'm not sure why a printing context needs to keep track of gstate info?
A PostScript file doesn't need to keep track of state info, it just
'stores' the postscript commands in the order it receives them. I
suspect any changes you need to make to support what you're thinking of
should be implemented in the front-end, as even a true Postscript
backend would need the same changes.