Next release of GUI and backends?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Next release of GUI and backends?
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 01:49:31 +0200

As far as I remember our time frame the next release is due this month.
A new release should get out soon, even if we call it 0.6.9 so the gui
will work again together with base. As we don't expect big changes in
that area (Beside the Colour pickers, Nicola what are you doing?) we
could set a very short time for the code freeze.

>From my person task list for this release I did only complete the
rewrite of the NSColor code. The addition of the image operation will
have to wait until XFree86 supports my old graphic card, which be after
there 4.1 release which may come any day now. BUt I did finish some
other unplanned improvements to the xgps backend and added support for
text attachments, which in itself would be worth a release. (The code is
very easy, but the result is impressive. It is to sad that you have to
create all the attachments in code, as there is still no GNUstep program
to copy an image to the pasteboard)