Re: Some small proposals

From: mirko . viviani
Subject: Re: Some small proposals
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 10:26:54 +0000

You wrote:

> The other thing is rather a question. In the specification of NSMenu and
> NSComboBox it is defined that check if an item is included should return
> -1 if it is not there. In other places of the framework the value
> NSNotFound is used instead. Should we stick to the specification here or
> try to be more consistent by using NSNotFound everywhere?

No, we don't have to break the specification. I don't know who had the idea
(and why) to use NSNotFound when the specs say to return -1 but this will break
user prgs.

NSMatrix and NSBrowser now follows the specs (to return -1) and we have to
modify other classes that return the wrong value. (ie NSComboBoxCell)

--
Bye,
  Mirko