Re: If using GCC v3.0, do we need to update binutils & glibc to obuild

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: If using GCC v3.0, do we need to update binutils & glibc to obuild GNUstep?
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 06:29:44 +0100

On Friday, July 20, 2001, at 04:01 AM, Robert E. Hartley wrote:

Hi,
If using GCC v3.0, do we need to update binutils & glibc to build GNUstep?
thanks,

I didn't ... I don't know why you should. I think if GNUstep ran before a gcc-3.0 upgrade, it should build and run after the upgrade, without any other changes.

The one thing to check is that the shared libraries in gcc-3.0 are in a directory where the linker can find them. This may require adding a directory to /etc/ld.so.conf