Re: RTF Converter Bundle

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: RTF Converter Bundle
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 08:58:04 -0600

Fred Kiefer wrote

As I never did write a bundle, I would be glad if anybody else could
take over the task to convert the make file for the RTF bundle and also
to adopt the class loading function in NSAttributedString. (This should
in the future be configurable by some default settings.) If nobody steps
up for this I will have to learn it myself.

I just commited code to do this. It should be easy enough to extend to other converters also. If we ever extend NSAttributedString to allow reading different formats, you just need a text converter bundle to be installed in

{standard_library_path(s)}/Bundles/TextConverters

and the principal class must implement the function

- (Class)classForFormat: (NSString *)format producer: (BOOL)flag

OR

The bundle should contain two classes

{format}Producer
{format}Consumer

See the implementation in gui/TextConverters/RTF
and gui/Source/NSAttributedString.m for more information.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics            | Fudd's law of opposition: Push
address@hidden  http://www.doc.com     | something hard enough, and it