Re: GNUSTEP_LIBRARIES reflections

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUSTEP_LIBRARIES reflections
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 11:04:12 -0600

Nicola Pero wrote:

$(GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR)/Libraries/$(GNUSTEP_TARGET_DIR)/$(LIBRARY_COMBO),
that is, it contains the full target dir and library combo.  To get
the simple $(GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR)/Libraries you have to use the
special variable GNUSTEP_LIBRARIES_ROOT.

Well this sort-of makes sense since Libraries (and Tools) are some of the most common projects that aren't wraps (like Apps or Frameworks). In wraps, all that stuff is hidden.

Someone might say that the difficult exception is GNU libobjc - which
is not a C library as it contains ObjC code, but which we currently
put outside LIBRARY_COMBO, only I consider this to be wrong, as the
runtime library depends of course on the compiler generating code for

Yep. I should move libobjc back into LIBRARY_COMBO.

a new clibrary.make makefile for libraries not depending on the
library combo will be added.  This makefile will do the same as
library.make, but will not link against any library combo library, and
will not add the library combo part to the installation path.  This

Sounds good.

Combining ctool and clibrary sounds complicated, but perhaps I don't understand it. I'd still like to make some interim releases of the packages, so let me know if you want this all done before a new release.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics            | Fudd's law of opposition: Push
address@hidden  http://www.doc.com     | something hard enough, and it