Archiving GUI elements

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Archiving GUI elements
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 19:48:08 -0600

Just a note for future reference. I'm designing Gorm inspectors using Gorm itself, which means I'm using archiving to store the inspectors. In the future, if you change the coding procedure for a GUI element, please leave a path for reading in old archived files.

It's probably possible to do this even temporarily (say with ifdefs), since GUI is still in beta and Gorm is perhaps the only app that is doing this (although GNUMail also archives images). Really, there are clean ways to do this also (perhaps the best is by increasing the class version).

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics            | Fudd's law of opposition: Push
address@hidden  http://www.doc.com     | something hard enough, and it