Re: Archiving GUI elements

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Archiving GUI elements
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 11:00:35 -0600

Fred Kiefer wrote:

Even now I am not sure, if we should reenable the old way, base on
version numbers. I think it would be better to restore the old
initWithCoder code once, reload your gorm files and store them again
with the new code.

It's ok, I've already updated it.

For further changes, where the old and the new version are valid, but
different, we should definitely use the way you and Richard explained.
Still there is no guaranty that all the changes will allow for this
resolution, we should, as Nicola pointed out to me long ago, still not
use Gorm ourselves.

I think we should start using Gorm. It's very useful now. And we only need to keep old coding in long enough for people to update their gorm files.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics            | Fudd's law of opposition: Push
address@hidden  http://www.doc.com     | something hard enough, and it