RE: GS in Debian

From: Frederico . S . Muñoz
Subject: RE: GS in Debian
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:02:57 -0000

 > On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:33:27 -0000
> Frederico.S.Mu <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been lurking in this lista for about 6 months now
> (mainly because I
> > have nothing interestng to say).
> >
> > I have several times had the idea of packaging GS (since I
> knew that the
> > packages where more or less
> > up for adoption). At home I have everything fro GS in
> source and I make
> > periodic cvs updates and build
> > and install. I have made debs out of what I have in CVS for
> private use
> > (using the work already done by
> > the current maintainer, generally it doesn't even need
> manual intervention).
> > I made a deb out of Gorm for
> > home use also (the quality of which is passable)
> >

> Do you have that .deb's in a public unofficial apt host?

Alas, no, I deleted my debian homepage where I had my unofficial packages.

I will however make it available during this weekend; I'll send the URL then
(well, it will
be http://people.debian.org/~fsmunoz).

> > What I am saying is that *if* nobody else takes the
> packages I would surely
> > be available to do so.
> >

> Maybe you must try sending a mail to the 'new' mantainer
> (who?) of gnustep,
> the address is address@hidden , at least to add the
> gorm package.

Indeed. I'll write him to know the general status of the packages and talk
about Gorm and
other GS prospective packages.

The email address always made me think that GS developers were in charge of
the debs...

I'll keep everyone current and post further developments ASAP.

cheers,

fsm

--
Frederico S. Muñoz
Cap Gemini Ernst & Young : address@hidden

**
Ever noticed something? Unix comes with compilers. Windows comes with
Solitaire.
**
  -Adep