Re: XGDragView bug?

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: XGDragView bug?
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 19:17:15 +0200 (EET)

On 23 Dec 2001, Willem Rein Oudshoorn wrote:

> Enrico Sersale <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > All seems to work except the Alt_L modifier that has a strange behaviour.
> >
> > It works exactly conversely, if I *don't* press it, I get a
> > NSDragOperationCopy, and, to simply move a file, I must press it!
>
> It just occured to me that you are or I am confused about the modifiers.
>
> OS key       action        my keyboard
>
> Control   -- link     --  control key
> Alternate -- copy     --  right alt key
> Command   -- Generic  --  left alt key

Well, I used Nicola's to set Alt_L to be GSFirstAlternateKey, for the rest
it is identical.

> This combined with the fact that from the source of GWorkspace
> I see that the default is COPY it is not suprising that
> if you DO NOT press Alt_L you get the copy operation.
>
> Wim Oudshoorn.

I don't know were you have seen this ;-) Please tell me, because I think
that I've not set any default...

I simply look at the draggingSourceOperationMask

  if (sourceDragMask == NSDragOperationCopy) {
    operation = NSWorkspaceCopyOperation;
  } else if (sourceDragMask == NSDragOperationLink) {
    operation = NSWorkspaceLinkOperation;
  } else {
    operation = NSWorkspaceMoveOperation;
  }