Re: what to do with a donation?

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: what to do with a donation?
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:16:01 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 21:01:49 -0700 Adam Fedor <address@hidden> wrote:

 >| A company has asked if they could donate something (of monetary value,
 >| not developer time unfortunately), to GNUstep. They already give to the
 >| FSF. They just wanted to do something extra for GNUstep.
 >|
 >| My question is what should that be? It could be almost anything - more
 >| of a thank you for a good job than an expectation of more work.

What is the amount ?

 >| Perhaps:
 >|
 >| - Extra hardware for our web site provider who already does a thankless job?

Thank you. RAID disks are always welcome; bandwith payment contribution too :-)

But it may be more interesting to use if for GNUstep promotion, may be:
        - creating demo CDs (may be Simply GNUstep
http://simplygnustep.sourceforge.net/) for FOSDEM, linux expo,... distribution
        - T-shirts (for promotion and sale)
        - magazine advertising (Linux Journal,...)
Sorry, I haven't a lot of idea...

Manuel

Manuel Guesdon - OXYMIUM <address@hidden>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0999  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998