Recent key-value encoding changes to NSObject.

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Recent key-value encoding changes to NSObject.
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:45:33 +0000

The recent changes to key-value encoding in NSObject introduce five non standard new methods to the API which are not used by anything (apart from some EOF code I guess) and make the
key-value coding methods less efficient.

It seems to me that the derived objects for which these changes are intended (which exist in a separate framework), should actually be overriding the key-value encoding methods of NSObject, rather than the NSObject methods being hacked to call methods in the derived objects.

I therefore intend to revert the changes since it seems to me that the required effect would be more efficiently (and certainly more cleanly) be implemented elsewhere.