Re: Recent key-value encoding changes to NSObject.

From: Richard
Subject: Re: Recent key-value encoding changes to NSObject.
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:19:19 +0000

Manuel Guesdon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to make these 2 functions public (or at least not static) ?
>         static void GSSetValue(NSObject *self, NSString *key, id val, SEL
> sel, const char *type, unsigned size, unsigned off);
>         static id GSGetValue(NSObject *self, NSString *key, SEL sel; const
> char *type, unsigned size, unsigned off)

I was thinking about that ... and had thought it might make sense to
provide
some variant of them.

I was also considering changing the api of the existing ivar access
methods to
make them more efficient by using cStrings.
But I'm not sure whether non-ascii characters will ever be valid in
selector
and variable names.

> BTW, as KVC in GNUstep is in core not in EOF, there's actually some missing
> parts in core: NSarray, NSDictionary and NSMutableDictionary
> implements valueForKey:
> Is it possible to add this to base so this part will be complete and
> NSArray/NSDictionary will be conform to specs ?

Surely ... if there's anything missing I'd consider it a bug.

Are you going to FOSDEM?  We could talk about this there.