Re: EOKeyValueCoding

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: EOKeyValueCoding
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:16:18 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 15:46:24 +0100 David Wetzel <address@hidden> wrote:
 >| The problem we had is fixed with the code you send me. Thanks.
 >| Do you really think EOKeyValueCoding should be in EOF? I think it should be
 >in the base lib.
 >|
 >| Why? Imaginge someone wants GSWeb programs without EOF.
 >| Or tools without GSWeb...

There's a discussion about this on gnustep-dev mailing-list.
I'd wanted to avoid to have KV implementations parts in too much libraries (one
part in base, some additions in GSWeb, some
others in EOF,...). I thing it's better to have all additions related to base
objects (NSObject, NSArray, NSDictionary) in
one place (_with_ all the needed handlers to enable derived objects
customization and minimize code+possible bugs in
these customizations) and put specific (EOF, GNUstepWeb,... related) parts in
there own libraries.

I was thinking about GNUstep additions and MacOSX portage. May be it could be
better to put all 'base' GNUstep additions in a separate library
(not in base, not in gsweb, not in EOF, not in extensions) so we have a base
which have same features as MacOsX and
people who want to use GNUstep additions for GNUstep and/or MacOSX applications
can use this library. As you say, it
could be a good place to  put some code so GNUstepWeb and others may work
without EOF.

Anyway, I'm not maintainer of core so I let concerned people choose. I'd just
like to know the final decision soon so I can finish
modifying GNUstepWeb and gdl2 for these points.

Manuel

Manuel Guesdon - OXYMIUM <address@hidden>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0999  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998