Re: EOKeyValueCoding

From: David Wetzel
Subject: Re: EOKeyValueCoding
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:51:47 +0100

Manuel wrote:

> I'd wanted to avoid to have KV implementations parts in too much libraries
> (one
> part in base, some additions in GSWeb, some
> others in EOF,...). I thing it's better to have all additions related to base
> objects (NSObject, NSArray, NSDictionary) in
> one place (_with_ all the needed handlers to enable derived objects
> customization and minimize code+possible bugs in
> these customizations) and put specific (EOF, GNUstepWeb,... related) parts in
> there own libraries.

That sound very reasonable for me.

> I was thinking about GNUstep additions and MacOSX portage. May be it could be
> better to put all 'base' GNUstep additions in a separate library

In my view, KV-Coding belongs to base. Other GNU-Extensions should go into an
extra framework. dirk at objectpark.org is currently porting GSWeb to MacOS X.
He told me yesterday at the WOCOA meeting in berlin (www.wocoa.org) that he has
created an xml framework to use the GSXML stuff on the apple.

At the moment, I do not care about using the GS xml on Apple hardware. But that
may change.

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse 23, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 Phone +49 33056 82834
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/  address@hidden