Re: Re[4]: EOKeyValueCoding

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Re[4]: EOKeyValueCoding
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 20:49:09 +0100

On Sonntag, Februar 24, 2002, at 07:55  Uhr, Manuel Guesdon wrote:
| This isn't an issue any more. We should place a KVC implementation in
| FoundationExt if we want to support deprecated OS's like OPENSTEP.
| Indeed because KVC is part of Foundation it's much easier now, since you
| don't need to maintain runtime specific code in GDL :-)

I agree :-) on the last sentence but in this case, why putting "base KVC" in FoundationExt an not base ?

As I wrote, to support old Foundations which do *not* have KVC in Foundation (like the Foundation of OPENSTEP). I would *copy* the code over to FoundationExt (so it's contained in both libraries).

| I think at FOSDEM we discussed the stuff shortly. If I understood
| Richard correct, he would like to create a stripped down gstep-base on
| other platforms, which IMHO is a nice idea. That is, if you have a
| library combo other than *-gnu-*, gstep-base is compiled without
| NSArray, NSString, etc, but only the GNUstep additions. You still link
| with gstep-base, but get no clashes with libFoundation,
| Foundation.framework or whatever :-)

Nice idea too but won't it be harder than to move GNUstep additions into FoundationExt (I don't know, just a question
:-) ?

Personally I have the same feeling, but Richard seems to have a different opinion with this issue ?

Greetings
  Helge