Re: Re[6]: KeyValueCoding (was Recent key-value encoding changes to NSOb

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Re[6]: KeyValueCoding (was Recent key-value encoding changes to NSObject.)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:57:37 +0000

On Monday, February 25, 2002, at 12:45 PM, Manuel Guesdon wrote:
OK. So, to summarize before freezing things in EOF/GSWeb: with your last changes (rewrite of KVC in base to use cstrings), we consider that KVC in base is finished (except bug and/or Apple futur changes) and I'll implement EOF/GSWeb feature in their own libraries. right ?

I think so except ... I *know* that valueForKey: is implemented for NSDictionary in Foundation (I think it's exactly equivalent to objectForKey:) and NSMutableDictionary implements takeValue:forKey: as equivalent
to setObject:forKey:

We should probably implement those in base.
What I don't know is, what other cases there are like this, and where/if they are documented etc.

And I'm kind of surprised that NSArray doesn't implement valueForKey: as equivalent to objectAtIndex:
where the key is numeric.