Re: KeyValueCoding (was Recent key-value encoding changes to NSObject.)

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: KeyValueCoding (was Recent key-value encoding changes to NSObject.)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:15:41 +0100

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
And I'm kind of surprised that NSArray doesn't implement valueForKey: as equivalent to objectAtIndex:
where the key is numeric.

The reason is that with configured access (say .wod file) it's seldom useful to access a fixed index while it's often useful to transform an array.

Example, very seldom (let's say almost never) used:
Name: WOString {
  value = persons.1.lastname;
}

Example, very often used:
Names: WORepetition { list = persons.lastname; item=name }

So the people probably looked at their usage of KVC with NSArray and saw the same thing I see ;-)

Greetings
  Helge