Re: WebServerResources --> Resources/WebServer ?

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: WebServerResources --> Resources/WebServer ?
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 16:34:57 +0000 (GMT)

> On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 13:35:56 +0000 (GMT) Nicola Pero <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>  >| I'm working on bundling in gnustep-make now ... I need to reuse and
>  >| generalize a lot the bundling code.
>  >|
>  >| I was wondering about the WEBSERVER_RESOURCES ... how do we fit that into
>  >| the more general framework ...
>  >|
>  >| It's installing stuff into WebServerResources rather than Resources ...
>  >| can we modify that to be Resources/WebServer ?
>  >|
>  >| Any reason why it must be WebServerResources ? <there might be a good
>  >| reason, I just don't know>
>  >|
>  >| This change would help *a lot* in making GSWeb stuff more similar to other
>  >| stuff and integrated with it.
>
> There a reason to keep web server resources in a separate directory: we often
> allow web server to access directly
> these resources out of the control of the GNUstepWeb application for
> efficiency reason. If we have these resources in
> the same directory than other resources (components, strings,...), a visitor
> may have access to them.
>
> That said, I don't see any reason against putting web server resources in
> Resources/WebServer. This means problably some
> few changes in the class which make the resources search but it's not a
> problem.
>
> So do as you think it's the best.

Ok - thanks - I will not touch it until I'm really sure what is best.

But it's probably going to be best to put it into Resources/WebServer/,
because all bundle types (basically all project types) are/will be putting
resources into Resources/, and consistency is very important to allow me
to share code between different projects.