[NSView removeSubview:] ???

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: [NSView removeSubview:] ???
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:10:06 +0000

Aged ago I added the removeSubview: method, and made the removeFromSuperview... methods call it ... but I can't remember why, and can't find any comments telling
me.

Can anyone else remember why I did this?

Currently the 'primitive' method for removing a subview from a view is this non-standard removeSubview: method. I'm wondering if I had a good reason to do this rather than using the removeFromSuperviewWithoutNeedingDisplay method.