gnustep-make HEAD faster than 1.2.1

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: gnustep-make HEAD faster than 1.2.1
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 18:53:03 +0000 (GMT)

Just timed CVS HEAD gnustep-make building out internal tree and the
makefile machinery runs fast - 'make all' inside an already compiled tree
takes approximately half of the time it takes with 1.2.1.  The benefits of
this are particularly evident upon make install.

While I've done stuff in such a way that it should run faster and I've
optimized some considerable stuff away, I didn't actually timed it at each
step during development (since my main goal was not performance but rather
maintainability, new features and good design), and I didn't expect it to
run so much faster.  I'm quite impressed. :-)