Re: Next releases

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Next releases
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:02:31 +0000

On Tuesday, March 12, 2002, at 04:01 PM, Adam Fedor wrote:

I think I'll try to make an 'unstable' release of make/base and perhaps other libraries this week.

For unstable releases, I'm thinking of adopting a numbering scheme similar to other packages, where odd minor versions indicate unstable releases and even minor versions indicate stable releases. base is already at 1.1, so I might have to skip to 1.3. It would catch up with make that way also. I'll try to explain this in the documentation.

If there is anything you'd like to get done before I make a release, let me know.

Well, I've updated the timezone info, and tidied the NSString header file, and all the changes I made just after the last release seem to have stabilised, so I think the base library is in a
decent enough state right now.

I also think that the configure scripts etc in make and base are in a reasonable state for use under windoze ... though I want to add some instructions for building native mingw stuff rather
than having to cross-compile from cygwin  - I'll add that this afternoon.