autoconf 2.53

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: autoconf 2.53
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:20:32 -0600

I think I'll finally get around to updating the configure scripts using autoconf 2.5x. The major reason for this is that it provides much better debugging output when things go wrong.

The problem is that anyone else who wants to update the configure scripts needs to install this also. If you plan to do this, please upgrade to autoconf 2.53 or something like that before you do. It's also possible that I will be using macros from the pkg-config package (http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pkgconfig).

NOTE: You do not need to do anything unless you are going to CHANGE configure scripts. Using or running configure does not require autoconf to be installed at all.

P.S. I won't do this until after the next release (in a few days).

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you