Re: Path separator in NSBrowser on MinGW

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Path separator in NSBrowser on MinGW
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 12:53:50 +0100

On Sunday, April 28, 2002, at 12:44 PM, Alexander Malmberg wrote:

[snip]
There may be another way to achieve the same OS independence. We could
define that all file and path names inside of GNUstep libraries and
applications should be in the UNIX style and only convert the names to
the OS specific form, when we actually need to access a file.

Isn't this how it's supposed to work? I always thought so, and the docs
seem to imply it, eg.:

Yes ... but looking at the NSFileManager method, it seems it was never
ported to windoze, though the counterpart fileSystemRepresentationWithPath:
method was!