gc in GNUstep (Was: soname of gc variant of gnustep-base)

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: gc in GNUstep (Was: soname of gc variant of gnustep-base)
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 11:00:35 +0200

Am Montag den, 13. Mai 2002, um 02:22, schrieb Nicola Pero:

I think gnustep-make doesn't really have a satisfactory / consistent
support for garbage collection libraries ... I'd certainly like to fix
this.

Maybe it's a little bit off-topic or already discussed to death, but what is the intended use/advantage of Garbage Collection in GNUstep?

The three traditional memory allocation shemes (stack, malloc()/free(), NSAutoreleasePool) are easy to use, efficient and work well for years now. Never felt demand for another mechanism.

Just wondering,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/