Re: gc in GNUstep (Was: soname of gc variant of gnustep-base)

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: gc in GNUstep (Was: soname of gc variant of gnustep-base)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 15:09:09 +0200

Am Mittwoch den, 29. Mai 2002, um 12:26, schrieb Nicola Pero:

What if I retain a to-be-garbage-collected object? Can I release
it? Or do I have to look into the object's docs to find out what
to do?

Looks like you never tried using it, maybe you want to try it out :-) to
find the answers to these questions.

Right. Regarding GC, I'm a complete newbie. Always were fully satisfied with the other mechanisms.

Depending on your point of view this fact might weaken my arguments or make them even stronger as I'm one of these newbies you want to target.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/