Re: "Jaguar" additions

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: "Jaguar" additions
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:21:57 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Adam Fedor wrote:
> (but he could switch), and balaton Zoltan has written the gs backend, I
> think, to use either.

That's right, however it is probably easier to support DPS with gslib as
almost all of the operators we need are implemented as gslib functions.
The pdf interpreter in ghostscript is mostly implemented in postscript
with the needed extensions in gslib. This means that it should be possible
to also support the pdf imaging model but some functions might need to be
ported from postscript which could be more difficult than just calling the
appropriate gslib function. Nevertheless, I'm interested in trying to
implement a Quartz-like interface in the gslib backend, but for this we
would need the functions as stubs so we know what to implement. For a
start I have a header file with structure and function definitions
extracted from Apple's Quartz 2D Reference
(http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/CoreTechnologies/graphics/Quartz2D/Quartz_2D_Ref/index.html)
which I can post here if there is interest for it and it will not cause
copyright problems.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan