Re: Xserver crashes (Re: bug in gnustep-make / my last mail (pantomime))

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Xserver crashes (Re: bug in gnustep-make / my last mail (pantomime))
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:55:37 +0100

On Friday, September 27, 2002, at 12:11 AM, Nicola Pero wrote:

(btw - totally unrelated - but gnustep-gui has the same problem, because
it never frees any NSFont object, so if you mechanically loop on all
NSFonts via gnustep-gui's API, you may well get out of memory, even if you
theoretically release all NSFonts correctly!  I have always said we need
to fix this, and NSFont objects *must* be destroyed and not kept around
forever :-)

Since you pointed it out ... I decided to fix it.
The caching now holds on to fonts only as long as something is using them -
so if they don't get released now, the problem is elsewhere.