Re: Xserver crashes (Re: bug in gnustep-make / my last mail (pantomime))

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Xserver crashes (Re: bug in gnustep-make / my last mail (pantomime))
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 15:58:04 +0200

Hi Richard,

I like your new font caching mechanism. This should save us quite some memory space. Though there is one problem I have with this code:

When a specific font is not available in a NSTextView and the cursor is inside that range where this font is selected the system tries to create this non-existing font over and over again, as the cursor is blinking. This is rather a problem of the text system than of the font management. Still a lot of time is wasted here.
I will have a look into this over the weekend.