Opaque fonts/colorspace. Quartz

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Opaque fonts/colorspace. Quartz
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 21:21:33 -0600

I finally got around to making colorspace and font passing between the front-end and backend opaque, which means you could override the methods to create and set colorspaces and fonts to return and accept a backend specific structure (See AppKit/NSGraphicsContext.h and AppKit/GSFusedSilicaContext.h).

While I was at it, I partially implemented a Quartz-like interface, called FusedSilica (FusedSilica is the amorphous version of silicon dioxide to crystaline Quartz - it's a bit more flexible and useful for manufacturing purposes (That's my own little optics humour)). I don't really expect it to be used, since if you have the AppKit, you hardly need to drop down to the Quartz interface. I just did it to be pedantic and just in case somebody wanted it...

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you