Re: Opaque fonts/colorspace. Quartz

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: Opaque fonts/colorspace. Quartz
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:04:25 +0200

BALATON Zoltan wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Alexander Malmberg wrote:
> > Adam Fedor wrote:
> > > Alexander Malmberg wrote:
> > >  > thinking a bit about how font interaction should work. Previously, I
> > >
> > > Why? Isn't it up to the backend to use this information or not?
> >
> > Eventually, the information needs to get back up to NSLayoutManager so
> > it can provide it to the typesetters and text views.
>
> Sorry for the ignorance, but what particular information are you talking
> about here?

Information dealing with generating glyphs from unicode characters and
positioning them:

http://www.freetype.org/opentype/index.html
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/developers/opentype/over.htm

(This is probably the largest part of it, but I'm not sure it's the only
place where this kind of information will be needed.)

> Greetings,
> BALATON Zoltan

- Alexander Malmberg