Re: Glyphs and the text system

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Glyphs and the text system
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 20:31:10 -0600

Alexander Malmberg wrote:
1.
Glyph generation. This needs to be done in the backend. I'll write one
for the freetype-based code in back-art, but other backends might be a
problem. I can write a dumb default one that works like the current one,
though.

Probably good enough for now.

2.
To display I'll use GSShowGlyphs(), so this will need to be implemented
as well. I'm not sure about how this affects printing.

Maybe I could look at your 'dumb default' implementation for printing also, at least as a first cut.

3.
In NSFont.h we have:

typedef unsigned int NSGlyph;

Is this intentional? How many bits is it supposed to be?

Well, it's intentional because that's how it's defined in OpenStep/MacOSX. If it needed to be different, we could work that out - probably as long as it's not fundamentatly different than an int.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you