Re: ISO-8859-11 supported. and compressed ConfigureNotify

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: ISO-8859-11 supported. and compressed ConfigureNotify
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:21:59 -0600

Banlu Kemiyatorn wrote:
Dear sirs,
1) It would be nice if I can have ISO 8859-11 supported in GNUstep.
A note that the implementation of initWithDelegate:display:name:
in XIMInputServer.m have to compare localeEncoding with "th_th"
and then set encoding to NSThaiStringEncoding but it said
// FIXME: Use [GSFontInfo +encodingForRegistry:encoding:]?
so I don't know if I should add that or this.

I added this. And also a new function to base that will look in the file
Locale.encodings ($GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Libraries/Resources/Languages) for a translation for the locale to the string encoding, so you can put

th_TH = NSThaiStringEncoding;

in the file (which I have already done) and XIM should work. Please tell me if it doesn't. Locales that have the encoding, like zh_TW.big5, should automatically get translated.

2) Is it possible to compress ConfigureNotify in XGServerEvent.m?
I have had a chance to test it on KDE and with opaque resizing
,compression can speed things up  a lot. (Actually, the experiment was that
w/o compression, it was extremely too slow not usable at all.)

You wouldn't happen to have a patch for that? ;-)

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you