Re: GSXView

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: GSXView
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:40:35 +0700

Frederic De Jaeger wrote:

<...>
What are your opinions ?
Is there already someone working on this subject?
<...>

I am working on some sort of thing but not exactly what you've
described.. It's like I want an NSView alike class but based on
(X)Window in a window manager I am developing, so I made WMView and
derive it from NSResponder, it emulated some methods of NSView. I can't
imagine what would happen when an NSView contain a GSXView. Is this
require reparenting? Instead of that (I think you mean it but I am not
sure.) why don't the application just talk to the display server and
request the (X)Window id of an NSWindow? Or may be requesting a region
on the (X)Window that it wish to draw so backend shouldn't repaint it
(may be through an NSview's geometry?). And may reparent its (X)Window
to the area it requested for. I can't imagine of a GSXView that fit
tightly in NSView, it would be nice if you can give me some further
suggestions.

BTW, Does it sound like Carbon/Cocoa? I actually have no idea since
I don't own a Mac, so I'm sorry if it sounds stupid.