Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] GSXView

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] GSXView
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:49:13 -0600

Frederic De Jaeger wrote:

Hi

Philippe> One more thing wrt OGL: what if there is no OGL installed?
Philippe> How should GNUstep handle this situation then?

We can imagine several solutions:

1) #idfef HAS_GLX
I'm joking

2) Put the NS*GL* classes in a separate library.
I don't know MACOSX X.  Are those classes part of the main GUI library?

3) Put them in the main gui library, but only stubs that will load a
bundle when they are really instantiated.  We can implement this
solution (which I think is the best) via delegation or via class
clusters  (it depends on wether we  allow inheritance from these
NS*GL* classes or not  --- what does MACOSX allow in this case?)

You'd probably want to use configure to conditionally compile in the classes.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you